- Scientists have discovered a combination of two commonly available drugs that could help the body heal spinal fractures.
- Exposing teeth to excessive fluoride alters calcium signaling, mitochondrial function, and gene expression in the cells forming tooth enamel — a novel explanation for how dental fluorosis, a condition caused by overexposure to fluoride during childhood, arises.
- Radionuclide therapy has been successful in delaying the growth of disseminated tumor cells in early-stage breast cancer. Radium-233 dichloride not only impacts cells directly hit by radiation but also has significant effects on cells outside of the radiation field, according to new research.
- The calcification of blood vessels and other soft tissues is problematic. Researchers have discovered a substance that prevents vascular calcification.
- A team of biologists has identified the molecular receptors that cause hearing loss. In experiments with mice, the team successfully used a drug that prevented hearing damage while still allowing the mice to hear.
Please follow and like us: